Your Houzflo Account
You are solely responsible for the information associated with your Account. You must maintain the security of your Account and immediately notify Houzflo if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your Account without your permission.
You will not license, sell, or transfer your Account without our prior written approval.
Through Houzflo, you can post, comment, vote, discuss, learn, debate, support, and connect with people who share your interests. Your activity on our platform may include information, text, links, graphics, photos, videos, or other materials (“Content”). We take no responsibility for and we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, support, or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of your Content.
By submitting your Content to our platform, you represent and warrant that you have all rights, power, and authority necessary to grant the rights to your Content contained within these Terms.
You retain any ownership rights you have in your Content, but you grant Houzflo the following license to use that Content:
When your Content is created with or submitted to our platform, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, distribute, store, perform, and display your Content and any name, username, voice, or likeness provided in connection with your Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed anywhere in the world. This license includes the right for us to make your Content available for syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication by other companies, organizations, or individuals who partner with Houzflo. You also agree that we may remove metadata associated with your Content, and you irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your Content.
Things you can and cannot do
When using or accessing Houzflo, you must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Please abide by the following rules:
- Houzflo is not a place for attacking marginalized or vulnerable groups of people. Everyone has a right to use Houzflo free of harassment, bullying, and threats of violence. Communities and users that incite violence or that promote hate based on identity or vulnerability will be banned.
- Post authentic content into communities where you have a personal interest, and do not cheat or engage in content manipulation (including spamming, vote manipulation, ban evasion, or subscriber fraud) or otherwise interfere with or disrupt Houzflo communities.
- Respect the privacy of others. Never post or threaten to post intimate or sexually-explicit media of someone without their consent.
- Do not post or encourage the posting of sexual or suggestive content involving minors.
- Keep it legal, and avoid posting illegal content or soliciting or facilitating illegal or prohibited transactions.
- Don’t break the site or do anything that interferes with normal use of Houzflo.
In addition, you may not do any of the following:
- Use Houzflo in any manner that could interfere with, disable, disrupt, overburden, or otherwise impair our platform.
- Gain access to another user’s Account or any non-public portions of our platform.
- Upload, transmit, or distribute to or through Houzflo any viruses, worms, malicious code, or other software intended to interfere with the platform.
- Use Houzflo to violate applicable law or infringe any person’s or entity's intellectual property rights or any other proprietary rights.
- Access, search, or collect data from the platform by any means except as permitted in these Terms or in a separate agreement with Houzflo.
- Use our platform in any manner that we reasonably believe to be an abuse of or fraud on Houzflo or any payment system.
Moderating is an unofficial, voluntary position that may be available to users of Houzflo. We are not responsible for actions taken by the moderators. We reserve the right to revoke or limit a user’s ability to moderate at any time and for any reason or no reason, including for a breach of these Terms.
If you decide to become a moderator on Houzflo:
- engage in Good Faith, respect the platform,
- describe what your community is, so that all users can find what they are looking for on the site,
- share with other users clear, concise and consistent guidelines,
- be active - answer questions of your community and engage with the admins,
- please provide an email address for us to contact you,
- you may not enter into any agreement with a third party on behalf of Houzflo without our written approval,
- you may not perform moderation actions in return for any form of compensation, consideration, gift, or favor from third parties.
Houzflo reserves the right, but has no obligation, to overturn any action or decision of a moderator if Houzflo, in its sole discretion, believes that such action or decision is not in the interest of Houzflo or the Houzflo community.
Houzflo respects the intellectual property of others and requires that users of our platform do the same. We'll do our best to remove any infringing material from our platform and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our platform who are repeat infringers.
If you believe that anything on our platform infringes a copyright or a trademark that you own or control, you may notify us.
Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our platform is infringing, you may be liable to Houzflo for certain costs and damages.
If we remove your Content in response to a copyright or trademark notice, we will notify you via private message. If you believe your Content was wrongly removed due to a mistake or misidentification in a copyright notice, you can send a counter notification to us.
OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Houzflo DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR FREE. Houzflo DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE, OR TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR LINKED TO OUR PLATFORM OR THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR USER, INCLUDING MODERATORS. WHILE Houzflo ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES SAFE, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT OUR SERVICES OR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, WILL Houzflo BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THOSE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES THAT IS ALLEGED TO BE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, OUR PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING THOSE BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STATUTE, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF Houzflo HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.